Registration Now Available! 28th Annual OCTC Teachers, Industry & Environment (TIE) Conference
28th Annual TIE Conference
October 14-16, 2020
Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus Airport
2886 Airport Drive
Columbus, Ohio 43219
Completely FREE for Ohio Educators!
The Ohio Chemistry Technology Council’s Teachers, Industry and Environment (TIE) Conference is an exciting "hands on" experience for Ohio’s 3rd through 8th grade science educators and is completely free through the support from the chemical manufacturing industry.The TIE Conference provides educators with a wide-range of science experiments and classroom tools that create interesting and entertaining lessons for students.
- The TIE Conference is aligned with state science teaching standards for STEM curriculums.
- Participating educators have the opportunity to visit a working facility that produces sophisticated chemicals for the health care and personal products industries.
- The TIE Conference materials provide educators with an abundance of information on the resources available to them, most at no cost.
- Hands-on demonstrations and experiments provide educators with interesting and exciting tools that are easily adaptable to the classroom.
- The TIE Conference provides networking opportunities for educators to share experiences and ideas with other educators.
- Educators have direct interaction with the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency and representatives from the chemical manufacturing industry.
- Graduate credits from Ashland University available (optional for all participants).
We know there is a lot of uncertainty right now, especially for our educators. We want to assure interested teachers that by registering for the TIE Conference at this time, you will NOT be held responsible for payment or confirming your attendance until we approach the conference. We remain hopeful that we can hold the TIE Conference in October and ask that you continue to complete your online registration as normal so we can build our attendance list and guarantee your spot. OCTC will continue to monitor the events of COVID-19 and will send updates as needed. If you have any questions or concerns about your registration, please email us at email@example.com
Register for the 28th Annual TIE Conference!
Click below to watch the highlight video from the 22nd Annual TIE Conference:
Sponsor the 28th Annual TIE Conference!
What past TIE participating teachers have said about the program:
"...one of the best conferences I've ever attended. I appreciated our dialgoue with environmentalists, as well as representatives from industry and education, about how to get kids interested in science..."
"...easy to read, understand, and implement science experiment resources for teachers on tight budgets. "
"...by fair one of the best 'take it back and use it, and share it too' workshops I have ever attended."