Job Posting - Operations and External Relations Manager
Operations and External Relations Manager
The Operations and External Relations Manager is responsible for assisting the President with the overall business operations and administration of the Ohio Chemistry Technology Council (OCTC). This position also assists in the execution of internal and external projects related to social media, public/government relations and member services. This individual shall manage multiple projects while working with minimal supervision.
- Compose simple to complex communication documents including website information, email blasts, and social media communications.
- Assist President with OCTC’s overall public information program including but not limited to mailings, newsletters and information network development.
- Monitor daily communications, including newspaper articles and social media posts, for information relevant to the association and the chemical industry.
- Maintain effective working relationships with the association members, contacts, legislators, government officials and vendors.
- Organize/plan meetings, conference and appointments as required, including but not limited to Annual Conference and Legislative Reception, TIE Conference, Board Meetings, Committee Meetings and any other OCTC or member meeting.
- Research and analyze materials, information and programs as directed.
- Provide recommendations in the development of new programs for the organization.
Government Relations Support
- Assist the President and OCTC’s contract lobbyist, as necessary, in advocating on issues before the legislature.
- Develop materials in support of OCTC’s government relations agenda, such as talking points, legislative summaries, factsheets, testimony, reports, and letters.
- Represent the association with industry coalitions, working groups, and other trade associations as needed.
- Perform research and data mining to evaluate issues on the federal, state or local level that may impact the industry.
- Process bills for payment, purchases supplies and equipment as approved, and oversee essential records as directed.
- Maintain the association’s database.
- Perform general clerical duties as assigned (e.g. answering and screening calls, maintaining files, delivering and picking up information, making copies, etc).
- Other projects and duties as assigned by the President.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Jenn Klein, President, at email@example.com or 88 E. Broad St., Suite 1490, Columbus, Ohio 43215.
Salary commensurate with experience.